Friday, July 08, 2005

Dog-eating catfish dies

Some time ago an elderly friend of mine, who used to be a private chauffeur for a businessman who spent a lot of time in Florida, told me of some catfish that crawled out of overflowing rivers and attacked dogs and , in some cases, ate some of the smaller ones. I took it to be a bit of exaggeration, since my friend is something of a kidder. Then, today, I came across this story, apparently authenticated, about a dog-eating catfish in Germany.

I don't even know how I'd react if I found out that my pet, dog or whatever, had been eaten by a fish. Especially a fish species that I could eat for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:50 AM

    A new variant on the old "man bites dog" story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the dog-eating catfish article, I just had to Google "dogfish" to see what I found. I was pretty sure I'd heard of a dogfish, but I had no idea what kind of fish it would be. Turns out it's a shark. I can't help imagining a barking cartoon dogfish chasing a catfish in the water. Or a catfish attacking a land mutt only to find an angry dogfish waiting for it when it returns to water.

    ReplyDelete