Thursday, April 13, 2006

At the time, it seemed like the thing to do...

Four Jobs I’ve Had:

  • Newspaper subscription telemarketer
  • Credit information verifier
  • Cashier
  • Bus driver

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:

  • Silverado (the 'form' is Western, but they pack mystery, action, romance, comedy, and a fair bit of intrigue into it)
  • Better Off Dead (from John Cusack's teen-movie phase)
  • Independence Day (Judd Hirsch is great in this, as are Randy Quaid [yes, really!] and Bill... Pullman? Paxton? I get them confused)
  • Canadian Bacon (no explanations, no excuses, I just like it. Michael Moore needs to make more narrative movies. And it's great the way he got Canadian actors to play up Canadian stereotypes -- John Lithgow, Steven Wright, etc.)
  • BONUS: The Core (hey, with Stanley Tucci [The Man], Delroy Lindo [also The Man], and Alfre Woodard showing the others how to act, how could I NOT watch?)

Four -- no, Three Places I’ve Lived:

  • White Plains, NY, USA
  • Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC, USA (just a couple of weeks, from what I'm told -- it was supposed to be longer, until my mother saw a mouse!)
  • Mount Vernon, NY, USA

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch:

  • Monk (Tony Shalhoub is yet another Man)
  • My Name Is Earl (small-screen Raising Arizona)
  • Half and Half (mostly to stare at Essence Atkins and Rachel True, I admit)
  • Caliente (outdoor Spanish-language Soul Train)

Four Places I’ve Been on Vacation:

  • Disney World
  • Myrtle Beach (SC)
  • Virginia Beach (VA)
  • Martha's Vineyard (MA)

Four of My Favorite Dishes:

  • Beef stroganoff
  • Corned beef
  • Lasagna
  • Stewed chicken (with curry)

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:

  • Hawaii
  • Grand Canyon
  • Mount St. Helens (Washington State, US -- that is, if it's not about to erupt again)
  • US Virgin Islands

Last four CD's I bought:

  • Different Strokes by Different Folks, by Sly & the Family Stone with new music added by current stars (some great stuff here, and some stuff better left unlistened to)
  • Can You Dig It?: The Ultimate Isaac Hayes, by Isaac Hayes
  • Soundtrack from Shaft, by Isaac Hayes (I bought Can You Dig It specifically hoping that it would have the 19-minute-plus version of "Do Your Thing," where the musicians live up to the song's title. But it only had the three-minute radio version. The CD liner notes said the full-length song was on the Shaft soundtrack, so I went out and bought that the next day)
  • The Cosmic Game, by Thievery Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment