Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Iced Tea?

I saw this commercial a couple of days ago, about a retractable awning for back porches. But through the whole commercial, I couldn't take my eyes off this pitcher of suspicious-looking liquid on a table next to where the spokespeople were sitting. I'm sure that it was just a prop, probably colored water or something undrinkable. But I couldn't help thinking it looked like something that has no business being in a ptcher. Too dark for lemonade, too light for iced tea, at least for any tea I would drink. Like my father might say, it looked kinda like someone already drank it...

As for tea, I've never understood how people find enjoyment in the sweet, syrupy, extremely weak concoction that usually passes for homemade iced tea. I like my iced tea strong, so strong that people start to wonder how much it can bench-press.

Reposted comments from the old BraveJournal:

Posted by Cor:
A much better script, of course, would have included the pitcher inexplicably levitating off the table and emptying itself over some dude's head.(Tea should be strong, trying to be like coffee. No sugar. Yuck.)
Tuesday, May 10th 2005 @ 3:42 PM


Posted by Bryan Doe:
Tea with no sugar? I don't like the pale weak stuff but I need the sugar in mine. :P
Tuesday, May 10th 2005 @ 9:58 PM


Posted by Cor:
Yeah. well, [insert Damnyankee joke here - with extra irony, as it would be coming from an L.A.-native lowlife]...Some might wonder what the point of ingesting bitter, often apathetically prepared stimulants + sugar would be, but they would likely be younger and livelier (and less unemployed) than, uh, me...
Tuesday, May 10th 2005 @ 11:30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment